Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:31:21 -0700

Hello everyone,

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:08:25 -0700
Suvayu Ali <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 14:50:34 -0400
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > <soapbox> I've tried to keep a neutral tone in (most of) the rest of
> > the mail, but I have to say that I think clever hacks like this are
> > too clever for their own good - they are at best an accident of
> > implementation. The fact that the trick uses the placement option in
> > order to change the font testifies to that.
>
> After the very clear description above, I agree 100%. I will remove my
> addition to the manual and instead try to improve the #+ATTR_LaTeX:
> documentation based on your code commentary. At the moment I am
> facing a very important deadline for the 8th of June, I will submit a
> revised patch after that.

I have attached a patch removing the hack from the manual and making
some other small improvements to the latex export of images. However I
did leave in one sentence regarding the placement option which alludes
that a hack is possible.

Please let me know if this is an improvement.

> > They should certainly be documented as hacks on Worg, but I'm not
> > sure they should be documented in the manual. Of course, it may
> > happen that a really good hack (by some definition of "really
> > good") should be elevated to a standard and documented in the
> > manual, but IMO this one does not qualify. </soapbox>
> >

> Along with the revisions for the manual, I will document my hack on
> Worg.

I made an account with repo.or.cz. I will soon push the changes
documenting the hack on Worg.

--
Suvayu