Re: [O] Beamer and non-frames

From: Rasmus Pank Roulund
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer and non-frames
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 19:18:19 +0200

> I am sorry I have no solution for you just now.
> This behavior you're seeking is something I long for as well, to
> insert a this frame only custom background, to be precise.

So many great things can be put in-between

   \end{frame}
   \begin{frame}

in Beamer....

> The issue lies in the org-beamer.el way of divvying up the file into
> frames (if memory servers me, it's the org-beamer-sectioning function,
> but I can be mistaken), it's a  big function that handles most of
> org-beamers functionality. For the behavior that we seek we need to
> implement a function that can encapsulate the \begin{frame}
> ... \end{frame} code. However, this is not trivial.

Yeah, I gussed it was something like that..

However, maybe something like to the following could be implemented.
I note the following in my file:

** Frame

#+latex_beamer_outside_frame: \againframe<2>{overview.fig} %(1)

** Next frame

The 'Org-exporter' notices (1) and stores it in a list L.  Each time it
writes \end{frame} it also checks L and if L is non-empty the exporter
will dump whatever currently exists in L after \end{frame}.

I do, however, not know whether this is easily implemented.

> It has my interest, but don't expect anything useful from me in the
> short term, as I am an elisp noob and I am just getting acquainted
> with the org api.

I am neither good at lisp nor programming in general, although I do need
the command for a Python presentation. I guess I'll have to fix the Beamer
code 'by hand'.

–Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs