Re: [O] Beamer and non-frames

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer and non-frames
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:55:01 +0100

Rasmus Pank Roulund <address@hidden> writes:

>> I am sorry I have no solution for you just now.
>> This behavior you're seeking is something I long for as well, to
>> insert a this frame only custom background, to be precise.
>
> So many great things can be put in-between
>
>    \end{frame}
>    \begin{frame}
>
> in Beamer....
>
>> The issue lies in the org-beamer.el way of divvying up the file into
>> frames (if memory servers me, it's the org-beamer-sectioning function,
>> but I can be mistaken), it's a  big function that handles most of
>> org-beamers functionality. For the behavior that we seek we need to
>> implement a function that can encapsulate the \begin{frame}
>> ... \end{frame} code. However, this is not trivial.
>
> Yeah, I gussed it was something like that..
>
> However, maybe something like to the following could be implemented.
> I note the following in my file:
>

> ** Frame
>
> #+latex_beamer_outside_frame: \againframe<2>{overview.fig} %(1)
>
> ** Next frame

[...]

Depending on whether you use beamer for both presentation and for
handouts, I can give you a kludge that should work for presentation
only:

** Previous frame
   text here

#+begin_latex
\end{frame}
\againframe<2>{overview.fig}
\begin{frame}<handout>
#+end_latex

** Following frame

Very fragile... and untested!  This won't work if the previous frame has
blocks or unterminated lists unfortunately.

An alternative, and likely more workable, solution would be to do some
post-processing using one of org's hooks (org-export-latex-final-hook
maybe with a check for org-beamer-export-is-beamer-p?) to catch some
special tags you put in and insert the appropriate latex code yourself.
This would require some elisp...

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.5 (release_7.5.323.gd1f33)