Re: [O] pdf to powerpoint/openoffice ?

From: Mehul Sanghvi
Subject: Re: [O] pdf to powerpoint/openoffice ?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 16:35:55 -0400

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 08:22, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:

> Mehul
>
>> Using Org-mode, I end up with a PDF presentation.  What I would like
>> to do is convert that into
>> either PowerPoint or even better would be into OpenOffice (so I can
>> get it into Google Docs).
>> I have a bunch of people that I need to share the slides with and have
>> them work on it as well.
>>
>> Is there any tool or process by which I can do the conversion ?
>
> You can export your document to OpenOffice [1] and use OpenOffice's
> outline to presentation capabilities for generating the needed slides
> [2].
>
> Should you unconver any new tweaks to odt exporter I would be happy to
> consider it.
>
> Jambunathan K.
>
> Footnotes:
> [1]  http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#convert-to-open-office
>
> [2] Use OpenOffice's File->Send->{Outline to Presentation | AutoAbstract
> to Presentation}. Also see

I finally got around to trying this.  Here are my thoughts:

1.  Damn this is good !

2.  Yay !!

3.  Oh C-c C-e O  opens the ODT file in both Emacs and LibreOffice.  I wouldn't
     have expected that.  Would have thought it would open in LibreOffice only.
     C-c C-e D exports to PDF and opens a PDF viewer.  It does not open up the
     PDF file in Emacs (either as a plain buffer or a DocViewer buffer).

4.  Its nice to be able to open the ODT file in archive mode.  Not
sure how I'd use it
     but its a good feature.

5. There were other issues but that had to do with LibreOffice rather
then org-mode :)

cheers,

        mehul

--