Re: [O] pdf to powerpoint/openoffice ?

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] pdf to powerpoint/openoffice ?
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 13:43:45 -0700

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Mehul Sanghvi <address@hidden> wrote:
> 3.  Oh C-c C-e O  opens the ODT file in both Emacs and LibreOffice.  I
> wouldn't
>     have expected that.  Would have thought it would open in LibreOffice only.
>     C-c C-e D exports to PDF and opens a PDF viewer.  It does not open up the
>     PDF file in Emacs (either as a plain buffer or a DocViewer buffer).

I think this has to do with the fact that org-odt exports to odt
directly where as latex export exports to latex source and and then
compiles the latex source to generate the pdf. If you look after the
pdf export there should be a tex buffer opened in Emacs.

> 4.  Its nice to be able to open the ODT file in archive mode.  Not
> sure how I'd use it
>     but its a good feature.

Probably not relevant for this discussion but I find it very handy.
Sometime back I lost a lot of my plots due to a disk failure. I could
recover the plots from one of my OpenOffice.org presentations using
this Emacs feature. ;)

--
Suvayu