[O] Request for suggestions including source code

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: [O] Request for suggestions including source code
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 15:53:59 -0500

I have a document that has big chunks of included source code.
Unfortunately, when this is typeset in LaTeX, it typically blows past
the right margin.  I find it quite difficult to determine how many
characters I get in a monospace line in LaTeX, and it seems like LaTeX
won't give me enough to fit in plausible blocks of source code.

Does anyone have a solution to this?  Any way to tell org-mode to shrink
the fontsize when exporting code examples to LaTeX?  More condensed font
to use for typewriter when exporting to LaTeX?  Other tricks of the trade?

Seems like many would have encountered this problem.

Many thanks,