[O] Odd behavior with numbered list, footnotes, and LaTeX

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Odd behavior with numbered list, footnotes, and LaTeX
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 12:48:31 -0500

Hi,

Just stumbled across something very odd I can't figure out. Here's a sample:
,-----
| #+latex_class: article
|
| * Section
| 1. *A section*: a bunch of text is here and it seems like the
footnote is doing
|   something odd. [fn:1] More text here.
| 2. *A section*: a bunch of text is here and it seems like the
footnote is doing
|  something odd.
|
| * Footnotes
| [fn:1] www.google.com
`-----

It seems that the footnote triggers LaTeX to end the enumerate
environment early for some reason. Not only that, but it seems to be
inserting \end{enumerate} *inside* the footnote:
,-----
| \begin{enumerate}
| \item \textbf{A section}: a bunch of text is here and it seems like
the footnote is doing
|   something odd. \footnote{www.google.com
| \end{enumerate}
| } More text here.
|
| \begin{enumerate}
| \item \textbf{A section}: a bunch of text is here and it seems like
the footnote is doing
|   something odd.
| \end{enumerate}
`-----

If I remove the footnote, it works fine. With the current export, this
amounts to a PDF with the first item not indented and numbered "1" and
the second indented but also numbered "1".

If I add a footnote to the second item, I get both not indented, both
numbered "1", and the second item reads like this in the PDF:
,-----
| 1. Instrumental rationality: a bunch of text is here and it seems like the
| footnote is doing something odd. 2 ORG-LIST-END-MARKER
`---

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John