Re: [O] Re: Test framework needed

From: Manuel Giraud
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Test framework needed
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 17:13:53 +0200

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> But it does not look as if it is used very often... There are not many
> test org files, and I did not se anything which compares the resulting
> exported / tangle  file with an expected output?

It could be useful to have this kind of framework for org but I think it
is difficult problem when it comes to org export. For example, is
removing the "validate xhtml" button from an html export make this
export invalid? I guess not.

> Please correct me if I am missing something.
>
> This suite should actually be updated with effectively each patch which
> introduces new features and run after each patch.

Which renders this framework far less automatic. I think that having a
set of org files against which one could try any export and *see* that
the results are almost correct would be enough.

--
Manuel Giraud