Re: [O] Bug: Recurring items NEVER show up in timeline unaccompanied

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Recurring items NEVER show up in timeline unaccompanied
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:59:18 -0400

Mark S <address@hidden> wrote:

> You know, I think this may be the same bug I ran into 3 years ago when I
> last tried Org-mode. Is there any hope that this will be addressed? I note
> that this forum is the only location given for sending bug reports in the
> documentation.
>
> Thanks!
> Mark

I went looking for a bug report but the only thing that I can find
posted by you was a thread on "Getting org-agenda-sorting-strategy to
work" - nothing about the timeline.  I also searched for timeline and
although there was a fair amount of activity in 2008, none of it seemed
related to this bug (I might have overlooked it of course). Can you
provide a pointer to the bug report?

Be that as it may, it will certainly be addressed when somebody provides
a patch and the maintainer applies it. *When* that will be is anybody's
guess of course (remember, everybody is a volunteer here with a day job
that might or might not leave much time for org bug fixing).  But
generally speaking, once a bug bubbles to the surface, it does not stay
a bug for long.

And finally: this is the right place to post bug reports.

HTH,
Nick

PS. BTW, if you gave up on org because the timeline was not working, you
have been missing out on a bunch of good things :-) Even with a broken
timeline, org is incredibly useful. And some of us (both Chris and I e.g.,
who have been most active in the recent discussion) have never used the
timeline at all...