Re: [Orgmode] Splitting mailing list

From: Matthew Sauer
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 08:22:47 -0600

Even though I am not much into development I enjoy reading them as they are teaching me about how this works and hopefully I can move to doing DEV further down the road.

Even if we had two lists I would just add a filter tag like I do now and sort them all into the same tag (well, maybe, maybe not).   Maybe the DEV channel should be something that you are invited to join with send access but anyone could have read access too.  If a question in the user channel fit the bill it could be resent or re-proposed into the DEV channel?  Maybe that's too constricted for open development?

I agree, two channels so you can get what you want but they need to have reference to each other and at least a few people on both.

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 5:43 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Julien,

Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:

> How about splitting the mailing list in a user and a development list?

I am in favor of using a [DEV] tag and stick to one single list.

The path from users to developers (and to core Org developers) is
a continuum, keeping this continuum on one list is a good thing.

What other people think?

--
 Bastien