[O] Re: [Orgmode] Splitting mailing list

From: Eric S Fraga
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:43:39 +0000

Matthew Sauer <address@hidden> writes:

> I think that if it was kept as a single list the use of tags could allow (as
> long as people respect the tags) to filter and read only the types of
> threads they want to use.
>
> If we split the lists I would tag both with the same tag in my gmail box and
> read them all together, so it wouldn't really appear to be any different for
> me other than the people only reading dev tags or on the dev channel
> wouldn't see the user discussions.

I'm happy either way as I am interested in all org related emails.  If
split, I would see no difference in the end: the emails from the two
lists would end up back in the same list for me as I use filtering (gnus
splitting to be precise) to distribute my many emails automatically to
their appropriate folders.

However, I don't think the volume in this list is that large, assuming
readers are using smart mail tools. Especially with threading, it's
relatively easy to delete or ignore whole threads at once if they are
not of interest.  Not that I do that very often with org threads, mind
you ;-)

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.553.g83b7.dirty)