Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:18:39 -0800

Hi Eric,

On Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:23:15 +0000
Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

> suvayu ali <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am trying to use bibtex with pdf export for my thesis. So I tried
> > customising =org-latex-to-pdf-process= so that bibtex is run before
> > pdflatex. So from the customise buffer I set it to something like
> > this:
>
> I have
>
> #+begin_src emacs-lisp
> (setq org-latex-to-pdf-process
>   '("pdflatex %f" "bibtex %b" "pdflatex %f" "pdflatex %f"))
> #+end_src

I tried that, no luck. It gets stuck at some line and fails. I think
there is some problem with one of the packages I am using for
equations. Putting back "-interactionmode nonstop" makes the pdflatex
process continue to the end and produce the pdf.

> which seems to work just fine for me.  You may wish (for security) to
> add the fully qualified paths for these executables, of course.

Its my private desktop and laptop, and I can be quite paranoid about
security usually so that part is somewhat covered. :) Maybe I'll
consider it later.

If you are otherwise worried about whether I'm picking up the correct
version of pdflatex, I see the following version information in the
"*Org PDF LaTeX output*" buffer:

> This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.11 (TeX Live 2010)

So its as expected.

Thank you for your thoughts about my issue, appreciate it.

--
Suvayu