Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] customising org-latex-to-pdf-process for bibtex
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 18:10:03 -0800

Hey Thomas,

Thanks for your response. I have outlined what I tried and found below.

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:08:31 -1000
"Thomas S. Dye" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Aloha Suvayu,
>
> I had what sounds like a similar problem.  You don't say why bibtex
> fails, but in my case it wasn't able to find the .aux file.  When I
> do this:
>
>    (setq org-export-pdf-remove-logfiles nil)
>
> then I'm able to run bibtex without problems.

I tried that after your post, didn't seem to make a difference. I don't
know how to find how bibtex fails. All I see are these lines in the
"*Org PDF LaTeX Output*" buffer:

> No file msthesis.bbl.
> [5] (/home/jallad/org/masters-thesis//msthesis.aux)
>
> LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

Does that say anything to you? How do I capture the output from bibtex?
I presumed it is being overwritten by subsequent pdflatex runs. So I
removed the later pdflatex runs from the variable and that gives me
this output in the "*Org PDF LaTeX Output*" buffer.

> bibtex: Not writing to /home/user/org/masters-thesis/msthesis.blg
> (openout_any = p). I couldn't open file name
> `/home/user/org/masters-thesis/msthesis.blg'

However with the same tex file, after I run "bibtex msthesis" from the
terminal everything is fine! I even tried specifying the %b.aux in the
org-latex-to-pdf-process variable with no luck.

> I haven't tested your org-latex-to-pdf-process setups, so can't say
> whether or not there is a problem with them.

I use the TeXLive distributed by CTAN in isos. I setup my path so it
finds the right binaries whenever I'm working with latex. I am sure my
setup is fine as things are as expected when run from the teminal.

--
Suvayu