[Orgmode][babel] How to add results to text inline?

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: [Orgmode][babel] How to add results to text inline?
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 14:55:41 +0900

Hi,

guess this is a FAQ or at least a stupid question.
However, I read along worg and wasn't able to find a solution.

I would like to add the result of a source code block in some text paragraph.

---start--mini-example----

#+source:my_formula(my_parameter='1')
#+begin_src python :results value :exports code
y = 2
f = my_parameter * y
return f
#+end_src

In my long long paragraph after that I want to say that
my result is #+call: my_formula(my_parameter='5') for x=5 but it is
#+call: my_formula() for x=1

---end--mini-example----

Well I would replace the calls by the result of the source code block
I read about no-web but this seems to work only within code blocks. I read about inline source code blocks, however, more complex functions would make it difficult to read.

Thanks for pointing me to obvious solutions ;)

Torsten

CC. How about some C-like format string for number results like
#+call: my_formula(my_parameter='5') :exports results :format %i5
results in integer 5 digits
00010
and  #+call: my_formula(my_parameter='5') :exports results :format %s.3
could result in scientific notation with 3 digits after the comma
1.000*10^1

This would allow to format the result to the needs just in place.