Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Accepted] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda ch

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Accepted] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda changes view back to 'day' [7.4 (release_7.4.80.g0e5e5)]
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 14:57:23 +0100

Hi Bastien, hi Julien,

For what it is worth, and for the record, I still do not
believe that this is the correct solution to the problem.
I believe it causes the issue reported in

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/37673

But unfortunately I have not had time to study the issue
in more detail.  I hope to do this before the next release.

Kind regards.

- Carsten

On Feb 10, 2011, at 3:35 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Julien Danjou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> But maybe you can just delocalize that one variable instead,
>>> using kill-local-variable?
>>
>> It's a possibility, but I think it's more logical to "reset" every local
>> variable.
>
> I just pushed a (temporary) fix, following Carsten's suggestion of using
> kill-local-variable.  I tested this with "emacs -q" and things work back
> as usual.
>
> Matt and Michael, please report any problem.
>
> Michael, thanks for the detailed step-by-step way of reproducing the
> problem with a bare emacs!  Quite useful.
>
> Julien: I've pushed this (temporary) fix so that you don't feel too much
> pressure about finding a more general solution.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Bastien

- Carsten