Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Accepted] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda ch

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Accepted] Re: Bug: Jumping to a date in the agenda changes view back to 'day' [7.4 (release_7.4.80.g0e5e5)]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 12:50:02 +0100

On Feb 10, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Julien Danjou wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 10 2011, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>
>> I am not sure if I know exactly what the remaining problem is.
>> Could someone summarize this - I'd be happy to take a look and see if I can
>> fix it.
>
> The problem is that org-agenda-list, when called use as span either:
> (or span org-agenda-current-span org-agenda-span)
>
> Or, when defining a custom agenda view, and calling it, the Agenda
> buffer is reused. Therefore, if your agenda view locally bind
> org-agenda-span to 'day, whereas org-agenda-current-span was previously
> set to 'week, it does not work.
>
> This is why I've added a kill-local-variable in custom agenda view,
> which seems quite a good thing. Bastien says it does not work with
> emacs -q, but I don't why unfortunately. Bastien?

No, I believe you did kill-all-local-variables, which is a very bad
idea.  Org uses local variables to remember settings when refreshing.
And apparently this call was executed in an innocent org
buffer, reverting its major mode to fundamental mode. :)

But maybe you can just delocalize that one variable instead,
using kill-local-variable?

- Carsten