[Orgmode] automatically convert email inbox into TODO's?

From: Bill Jarrold
Subject: [Orgmode] automatically convert email inbox into TODO's?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 23:16:00 -0800

Hi,

Emails in ones inbox can be viewed as TODO's.  org-mode and its agenda mech are
great for managing to do's.  Thus, does anyone have experience with automatic
conversion of emails into TODO's?

Email is a pain because I do not know of any way to associate arbitrary levels
of priorities to my email.  If I can automatically convert my email inbox into
a set of TODO's maybe I can solve this problem.  With org-mode and the agenda
mechanism I suspect I have a lot of flexibility with assigning priorities  and
all sorts of categories....

( I tend to have 1000's of messages in my inbox and the ordering is a mess.  As
I come up to speed on org mode I have hope that it can handle 1000's of tasks
well.  )

Any pre-existing solutions for this?  Any comments on the utility of this?

Thanks,

Bill