[Orgmode] Status google calendar sync

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: [Orgmode] Status google calendar sync
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 17:38:05 +0900

Hi all,

Since I use my Android-based phone on a daily basis (after all it is a mobile phone), I got tempted to use more and more the google calendar. I know about mobileorg and all this. However, the calendar is so highly integrated with many applications on the phone that is is often just a click away to add a new appointment.

I know some people managed to get a kind of sync running between org-mode and google calendar. I would really like to know how this works out for them and maybe create a stimulus to write something (I would play the beta-tester) on worg.

Ideally, I want to have a no-brainer. I create a new appointment in org-mode and a keypress away it should be synced with the google calendar. Alternatively, an automatic sync every hour or so would be nice.

On the other side, I wish I could add an appointment on my mobile phone and it ends up automatically with the next sync as an appointment in a special heading in the org-file (like org-remember, does). From this point, I could move it to other locations if I feel so.

I would love to hear how far people got with an approach like describe above.

My major concern is, as long as it is not automatized in the most easiest possible way, I would, for one or the other reason, skip synchronisation and by time things become diverted and messy to sync.

All the best

Totti