Re: [Orgmode] Re: evaluating all R code blocks (newbie question)

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: evaluating all R code blocks (newbie question)
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:22:27 -0700

Lawrence Mitchell <address@hidden> writes:

> Julian Burgos wrote:
>> Many thanks Lawrence.  Yes, I'm aware of the risks, but for now I am
>> only working with my own files.
>> Do you know if it is possible to evaluation confirmation as a header
>> option, so I can left it on but turn it off in my own files?
>
> I don't believe it is.  If you think about, this is also a
> security hole, since a malicious user could put the relevant
> header in, even if you've set org-confirm-babel-evaluate to t.

Indeed this is the case, the :eval header argument [1] can be used
inhibit the evaluation of some code blocks, if the user already has

  (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate nil)

but it can not be used to remove the need for confirmation of code block
evaluation when the user has

  (setq org-confirm-babel-evaluate t)

For security reasons.

Personally I don't require confirmation of evaluation as I find that I
both trust everyone sharing org-mode files with me, and generally I read
code blocks before I evaluate them.

Best -- Eric

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/manual/eval.html