Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?

From: Michael Markert
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:09:05 +0100

On 20 Jan 2011, Matt Lundin wrote:
> [snip]
> Absolutely! I do something similar:
>
> alias emacs="emacsclient -t -a /usr/bin/emacs"
> [snap]

You might want to consider:

alias emacs="emacsclient -t --alternate-editor=''"

Leaving the alternate editor empty like this causes emacs --daemon to be
run before and _then_ connect to it.

More at `man emacsclient'

As for the topic: I came from Vim, shuddered at seeing the keybindings,
joyed at finding viper and vimpulse and stayed for emacs is a fantastic
platform.

So yes, I'm on the vim hook and I enjoy it deeply ;)

Greetings,
Michael