[Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] Have you also got hooked by Vim?
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 14:52:57 -0500

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> However, I've got hooked. Vim (in my case, MacVim) has conquered my
> hands. I know I'm risking myself a lot by saying it on an
> emacs-related mailing list, but the Vim navigation and the vim model
> in general is much more efficient for editing text.

Empirical evidence? ;)

FWIW, Org-mode has its own "modal" editing feature: org speed keys. This
enables one to edit and reorganize the structure of org files with
single keystrokes.

> So, how many of you here also use Vim? :)

For quick editing (e.g., config files), I use vi(m). For anything else,
I use emacs. Both are fantastic tools.

Best,
Matt