Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Tangling to a hierarchy of files?

From: Charles C. Berry
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Tangling to a hierarchy of files?
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 08:20:52 -0800

On Wed, 19 Jan 2011, Chris Maier wrote:

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> wrote:
On 01/19/2011 08:22 AM, Eric Schulte wrote:

In addition to the solution Charles posted, it is possible to put
arbitrary elisp forms into header arguments, so the following
alternative to your block above will create the directory (if it doesn't
already exist) whenever the block is tangled or evaluated.

#+begin_src clojure :tangle (prog1 "src/foo.clj" (make-directory "src" "."))
  (ns foo)

  (defn my-inc [x]
    (+ x 1))
#+end_src

This will do what I'm looking for, thanks!

Is there a place where this and the eval-on-startup trick Charles
posted are documented?  If so, I missed it, and these are both really
useful to know.

C-h i, then navigate to

(emacs)Top > Customization > Variables > File Variables > Specifying File Variables

'eval' is a special kind of file variable.

Chuck

Would it be possible, to include this into tangling, i.e. if the folder
in which the source file should be created does not exist, create it?

I remember vaguely a discussion along these lines some time ago, but I
don't remember the outcome?

This would be a great feature to have.  Eric's embedded Lisp code
trick will do the job, but I can imagine that it would get cumbersome
for more complex projects.

Thanks for all the help, everyone!

Chris

Charles C. Berry                            Dept of Family/Preventive Medicine
address@hidden                      UC San Diego