Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Tangling to a hierarchy of files?

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [BABEL] Tangling to a hierarchy of files?
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2011 09:11:25 -0700

Christopher Witte <address@hidden> writes:

>  On 19 January 2011 18:41, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The reason that I push back against this, is that I often times
>> accidentally use a tangle path in which the directory does not exist and
>> the error notification serves as a useful warning that I either
>> mis-typed the directory or need to create it.
>>

> Why not make the function prompt the user if they want to create the
> directory? That way you get the best of both worlds.

This would be a departure from all existing header arguments none of
which will require a prompt.  In fact the only time that evaluating a
code block can lead to a prompt is through the confirmation construct
which is allowed to be special because it is a security concern.

That said if you do want more complex behavior like prompting you should
be able to add this sort of thing to the `org-babel-pre-tangle-hook'.

Best -- Eric