Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 17:23:58 -0500

Jason Dunsmore <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I don't have a strong opinion about this: splitting the FAQ into
> > org-faq-*.org comes to my mind, but it's a big task.  org-info-js,
> > while not optimal for *every* page on Worg, was doing a good job
> > on the FAQ.
>
> Sometimes I come across one of those huge javascript-folded pages via a
> Google search.  When I visit the page, I'm unable to find the content on
> the page that I'm looking for because the browser search function
> doesn't work.
>
> Example:
> http://www.google.com/search?q=Why+aren't+items+disappearing+from+my+agenda+once+they+are+marked+done
>
> Most people would go to the next Google result.  I usually end up
> searching the HTML source.  I guess you could switch to Emacs and search
> Worg, but I don't usually do that and Org-mode newbies certainly would
> not do that.

It may be a matter of documentation: there is not enough information
when you visit the page to know what to do next - and at least in
my case, the HELP/Toggle View links are invisible to begin with. If I
click on "Welcome", then I get a little help, plus the links become
visible and life is much better: that points you to the search
or occur facility (press "s" or "o"), so there is no need to search the
HTML.

HTH,
Nick