Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing

From: Jason Dunsmore
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Worg needs some reorganizing
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 15:54:05 -0600

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> Jason Dunsmore <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I made a version of the FAQ without the javascript folding:
>>
>> http://orgmode.org/tmp/worg/org-faq-nojs.html
>> http://orgmode.org/tmp/worg/org-faq.html
>
> Thanks.  Nitpicking: I'd prefer paragraphs to be indented to the right
> (so that headines are always left from the text)  But just a matter of
> taste, of course.

I implemented this.  Example:
http://orgmode.org/tmp/worg-jason/org-dependencies.html

The variable column widths don't look bad like I thought they would.

>> It like it better, but it's still a bit unwieldy.  Maybe the FAQ just
>> needs to be reorganized.  See how Wikipedia does it:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:FAQ
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:FAQ_Index
>>
>> Matt or Bastien, do you have an opinion on reorganizing the FAQ?
>
> I don't have a strong opinion about this: splitting the FAQ into
> org-faq-*.org comes to my mind, but it's a big task.  org-info-js,
> while not optimal for *every* page on Worg, was doing a good job
> on the FAQ.

Sometimes I come across one of those huge javascript-folded pages via a
Google search.  When I visit the page, I'm unable to find the content on
the page that I'm looking for because the browser search function
doesn't work.

Example:
http://www.google.com/search?q=Why+aren't+items+disappearing+from+my+agenda+once+they+are+marked+done

Most people would go to the next Google result.  I usually end up
searching the HTML source.  I guess you could switch to Emacs and search
Worg, but I don't usually do that and Org-mode newbies certainly would
not do that.

I'd be happy to help reorganize the FAQ.  I think it would be a big help
to Org-mode noobs to be able to easily find information on Worg via
search engines.  Let me know how I can help.