Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with languag

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with language
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 18:46:02 +0000

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> A crude version of the above is already possible using the
> `org-babel-detangle' function.  For example, follow the instructions in
> the attached org-mode file (which uses elisp rather than clojure code
> blocks simply for wider portability to non-clojure users).

Detangling, as currently implemented, doesn't do the job for me as it
doesn't understand noweb.  My current mode of operation with org and
babel is to have various snippets of code throughout a file and then
combine these in different ways using noweb syntax which I then tangle
to create different source files (each bringing together different
pieces in different configurations).

In any case, and please excuse me for hijacking this thread a little,
the increasing use of babel (a good thing!) especially with noweb syntax
and tangling (as this thread is about) is bringing up a document
management issue: I find it difficult (a) to remember what all my source
code snippets are called and (b) to navigate to any given snippet.  I
would love to see a babel table of contents popup (a la the table of
contents popup with reftex implements for latex files).  Is something
like this already available?  If not, how difficult would it be to
implement (I'm happy to try given a pointer in the right
direction(s)...).

Thanks,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.153.ga0b80)