[Orgmode] Re: [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with languag

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] Painless integration of source blocks with language
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:59:33 -0700

Štěpán Němec <address@hidden> writes:

> "Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi Seth,
>>
>> Thanks for the thoughtful comments.  I especially like the method of
>> literate programming described in your second proposal.  Over the last
>> months I have switched from working mainly in code blocks to working
>> mainly in pure source files due to issues along the lines of those
>> mentioned in your first proposal.
>
> BTW, why is there not an option that would enable all mode-specific key
> bindings inside source blocks? It could be implemented e.g. by putting
> the mode keymap into the `keymap' text property. Seems like a simple
> solution.

That's a very good idea, I didn't realize that keymaps where handled
through text properties, if/when I find some time I'll take a look at
making this change (although if anyone else feels like taking this on
please don't let me discourage you :)).  I imagine this could be done in
org-src, and tucked behind a `org-src-keybind-natively' (or somesuch)
configuration variable.

Thanks for the suggestion! -- Eric