Re: [Orgmode] Viper-mode + orgmode + emacs 23.xx on OSX, slowness in ins

From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Viper-mode + orgmode + emacs 23.xx on OSX, slowness in insert-mode
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 08:43:28 +0100

Hi Marcelo,

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi list,
>
> Has anyone tried to use this combo? I find that viper is too slow when
> in insert mode (when typing, actually), but only when in a buffer
> where orgmode is activated. Any ideas ?

I've had that problem for a long time as well. And it seemed to me to be
a showstopper for using org together with viper. But somehow I managed
to improve the situation. I am sorry to not be more specific on this
issue. But I can assure you it is possible to have a working
configuration. I'd advice you to try loading org and viper in a clean
emacs session ("emacs -q"). I somehow remember there was also an issue
with the order in which I loaded org and viper. Currently I'm loading
org before viper.

My git history tells me that this line improved load times of the agenda
significantly:
(setq viper-suppress-input-method-change-message t)

Cheers,
  Jean-Marie