Re: [Orgmode] Viper-mode + orgmode + emacs 23.xx on OSX, slowness in ins

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Viper-mode + orgmode + emacs 23.xx on OSX, slowness in insert-mode
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:38:17 +0100

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 21:47, Filippo A. Salustri <address@hidden> wrote:
> I haven't tried viper yet, but there's another version of emacs for OSX,
> Aquamacs.  Has anyone tried to check slowness in Aquamacs?

I expected Aquamacs just to be too different to Cocoa Emacs, but now I
am surprised: In a Mac OS X Aquamacs-Emacs-2.1 there is also exactly
the same viper insert slowness when in org-mode, disappearing with
fundamental-mode or with the ~/.viper from my last post.

In a Mac OS X Carbon Emacs 22.3.1, the last Mac OS X Carbon I think, I
can not observe such slowness. Possibly because it is not Mac OS X
Cocoa and/or it is not Emacs 23.

Michael