Re: [Orgmode] Minor bug: org-agenda-holidays

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Minor bug: org-agenda-holidays
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:24:16 -0500

Noorul Islam K M <address@hidden> wrote:

> Paul Sexton <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Yes.
> > "Wrong type argument: commandp, list-calendar-holidays"
> >

> I think the following patch will fix the issue for you.
>
> Log
> [[[
>
> Make org-agenda-holidays compatible with older versions of emacs.
>
> * lisp/org-agenda.el (org-agenda-holidays): Make this function compatible
>   with older versions of emacs.
>
> ]]]

I don't think the patch is necessary: as Tassilo points out,
list-calendar-holidays should exist in emacs versions before 23.1, it is
obsoleted in 23.1 and replaced by calendar-list-holidays, but remains as
an alias in versions 23.1 and after. I can confirm that in both
GNU Emacs 23.2.50.1 and GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1, the alias exists and in both cases

    (commandp 'list-calendar-holidays)

returns t.

So it looks like a set-up problem at Paul's end and Tassilo's basic
question remains: what version of emacs are you (Paul) running?

If and when the alias goes away, and assuming org supports emacs versions
before 23.1 at that point, then a compatibility patch like Noorul's might
be necessary, but it's probably not a good idea to go for "premature
compatibility" so to speak :-)

Nick