[Orgmode] Re: Using org-mode to write an academic curriculum vitae (CV)

From: Oscar Carlsson
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Using org-mode to write an academic curriculum vitae (CV)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 10:26:14 +0100

Stefan Vollmar <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Oscar,
>
> On 17.12.2010, at 09:20, Oscar Carlsson wrote:
>
>> I use the =moderncv= class for LaTeX, no org-export or such. I think the
>> effort of constructing a working org->special class LaTeX-exporter is a
>> lot greater than learning to use the LaTeX-class properly. The
>> =moderncv= is bundled with at least TeX Live, not sure about MiKTeX.
>>
>> Otherwise, Dario Taraborelli has a nice template for making an academic
>> cv, read about it on his page:
>>
>> http://nitens.org/taraborelli/cvtex
>
> excellent link, thank you!
>
>> Myriad Pro is a very fancy and nice looking font for this kind of
>> things, just a tip.
>

> Myriad Pro is indeed also one of my favourites, however, one should
> add that this is a commercial font available from Adobe. These days,
> it is bundled with Adobe's Illustrator CS package.
>
> Warm regards,
>  Stefan

<off-topic>
Actually, since I hadn't had my morning coffee when writing
that mail, I mistyped. I ment Minion Pro, not Myriad Pro. Myriad Pro
goes *great* with Minion Pro, and I *really* recommend using it with the
=microtype= package in LaTeX. But now I'm very much OT.

However, Minion and Myriad are actually bundled with Adobe Acrobat
Reader. I'm not too sure about licensing and such, but the fonts can be
found somewhere in the Acrobat Reader-directory. In their otf-versions.
</off-topic>

Oscar