Re: [Orgmode] Re: MobileOrg Android 0.4.5

From: Matthew Jones
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 13:31:53 -0500

Hey Gour, it's hard for me to recommend a device to anyone since they are usually based on regional availability and personal tastes.   You should know that MobileOrg works exactly the same on all devices from Android 1.5 - 2.2+ and, unless things are going to change dramatically, I wouldn't expect it to work any different on 2.3+

There are some things that I really like to have... like a physical keyboard, and I require the ability to root the phone and have the option of installing whatever ROM I see fit.

Having said that, my wife just got a Samsung Fascinate (Verizon's Galaxy S) and it is a killer phone... other parts of the world may be able to get one with a front facing camera, which is pretty slick.

Whatever device you get it is likely to come with the Gmail and regular email app.... I don't think you can buy an Android phone that will not at least let you set up an IMAP/POP/Exchange email account on.

I have no need to use Skype or any VOIP provider so I can't comment on that.

http://matburt.net

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 11:12 AM, Gour <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 18:25:34 -0500
> [...]

Hello Matthew,

Matthew> For those interested, I have released MobileOrg Android 0.4.5
Matthew> to the Market (search for "MobileOrg") and for direct download
Matthew> here: http://matburt.net/files/mobileorg-release.apk

I am considering to buy some mid-range Android phone since there are
no (yet) Meego devices (except N900 for Maemo), and they will
probably be quite expensive when they come out.

I'd like to use MobileOrg and I'm curios what would you recommend
between:

a) Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3 and

b) SE X10 Mini Pro or

c) some other model?

Afaict, X10 Mini Pro won't get support for 2.2 (soon), so I'm curious
if running Android 2.2 phone is advantageous for MobileOrg app?

Besides MobileOrg, I'd like to have some decent email client with IMAP
support, would do some surfing with the browser and possible some
Skype/SIP VoIP calls (investigating about Sipdroid)....

Sincerely,
Gour

--

Gour  | Hlapicina, Croatia  | GPG key: CDBF17CA