[Orgmode] Re: Two issues with :VISIBILITY: property

From: Cassio Koshikumo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Two issues with :VISIBILITY: property
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 22:12:45 -0200

Thanks a lot, Matt! The patch did correct the second issue.

About the first one:

> I cannot replicate this. When I move the headlines, they remain folded.

It's strange that you cannot replicate this behavior. I got today's
snapshot and disabled all my customizations to try a vanilla install,
and it's still there.

Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing: when you move
the Level 1 tree (the one that has the PROPERTY drawer) it really
keeps folded? I ask because I noticed that, if I move one of its
children, everything remains folded. But if I move the parent tree,
the entire tree gets expanded.

By the way, it doesn't even take a VISIBILITY setting to cause this. Say I have:

* Chapter 1
  Text under Chapter 1.

** Section A
   Text under Section A.

* Chapter 2
  Text under Chapter 2.

** Section B
   Text under Section B.

Using S-TAB, I go to OVERVIEW:

* Chapter 1...
* Chapter 2...

Now I place the cursor on "Chapter 1" and press TAB:

* Chapter 1
  Text under Chapter 1.

** Section A...

* Chapter 2...

Right now, "Section A" remains folded, which is what you'd expect
(because "Chapter 1" is only showing its children). But, if I move
"Chapter 1" down, putting it after "Chapter 2", "Section A" gets
expanded:

* Chapter 2...

* Chapter 1
  Text under Chapter 1.

** Section A
   Text under Section A.

This behavior is absolutely consistent here... If you really cannot
replicate it, I wonder what could be causing it in my installation.

Thanks again for your help and time,

--
Cássio Koshikumo