Re: [Orgmode] Re: MobileOrg on DropBox for Teams

From: Richard Moreland
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: MobileOrg on DropBox for Teams
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 09:41:01 -0500

On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:01 -0600, "Tommy Kelly" <address@hidden>
wrote:
> > You should be able to rename the MobileOrg directory from within the
> > web  interface once you've linked MobileOrg to your Dropbox account.
>
> Thanks Richard, that worked fine.
>
> But does that mean there's a bit of coordination to manage if multiple
> users all decided they want to use MobileOrg? In turn, each user would
> get their top level MobileOrg folder up and running, then move it down
> a level, so as to make space for the next user who'd do the same?

I'm not sure how your account sharing is setup:  if you are all using
the same credentials, you will probably run into trouble.  Each Dropbox
account will only get a single 'magic' MobileOrg folder, so if everyone
is sharing a single login, I don't see how it will work.  It would
probably be possible to change MobileOrg to support specifying the
folder in your Dropbox account that it should use, but I have
reservations about that. The way I use the API now, MobileOrg only has
access to its own sandbox/special folder.  There's no way it could
accidentally mess with/expose/etc your other Dropbox files.

The other option is to let each user have their own Dropbox account and
simply share folders from a master account to each person.

Hope this helps,

Richard