Re: [Orgmode] moving in the agenda view is slow

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] moving in the agenda view is slow
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 00:08:09 +0100

On Nov 27, 2010, at 12:04 AM, Eric S Fraga wrote:

Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:

Hi all,

I am struggling more and more with slowness in my agenda view. Moving
from line to line with n and p is slow.  Pressing the n key for 2
seconds will result in the cursor not following every keypress but
jumping down after 2 or 3 seconds.

I'll add that I have observed this the past week or so: there's a very
noticeable pause between my hitting 'n', say, and the cursor moving down
to the next line in a default agenda view (C-c a a).  My agenda files
add up to less than 40k lines.  I've not done any investigation to see
why things have slowed up recently but will start playing around...

Maybe bisect to identify a commit that caused this???

- Carsten