[Orgmode] Re: Update on Org-mode clone in Vim

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Update on Org-mode clone in Vim
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 06:22:47 +0000 (UTC)

Matt Lundin <mdl <at> imapmail.org> writes:

> I'm curious to see how hyperlinks and capture might work in a vim
> environment. Being able to call org-capture from anywhere in my Emacs
> ecosystem (or should I say operating system) has spoiled me. :)
>
> Best,
> Matt

Matt -- There's some basic capture functionality in there
right now that you may want to try out. I was going to flesh
it out a bit and do a little video on it but it's probably
usable right now.  It's implemented using two simple
functions:

CaptureBuffer(), which opens a new window and is hard-coded
with a simple template that starts a level 2 heading with
a date-time stamp in next line, and then pressing :W
when done calls:

ProcessCapture(), which saves the entry
you make in the capture buffer to the end of a first
level '* Agenda' heading in whatever file you have
defined as g:capture_file.  If you also have the
g:capture_file included as one of your g:agenda_files
you can add entries from agenda and do immediate
refresh pretty much just like Russell Adams
demonstrates in his recent Org-mode
screencast at > http://vimeo.com/16533939 .

You can map a keycombo to :call CaptureBuffer and it
should work for you.  If you try to get it working
I'd be happy to hear of your success or help you
resolve any problems.

Regards,

Herb