Re: [Orgmode] Update on Org-mode clone in Vim

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Update on Org-mode clone in Vim
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 07:12:50 +0000

> On Nov 25, 2010, at 11:02 AM, Herbert Sitz wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to update anybody interested that I'm still making
>> progress on my
>> Vim org-mode clone.  Agenda view and flexible agenda searches on
>> dates, todos,
>> and tags all work pretty well now.  I've got basic clocking and
>> clock table
>> generation done, and some other things.  All is available at github:
>> https://github.com/hsitz/VimOrganizer

[...]

> I am very curious to find out if Org's philosophy and ideas will get
> as much traction in the vi world.  It seems to me that they should.
> Even though there is little overlap between these worlds because an
> Editor choice is such a basic thing, I guess we are all the same
> geeks.

Actually, the overlap may not be as small as you might think.  Or maybe
I'm strange...  I /live/ in emacs *but* I use vi for quick and dirty
editing jobs, especially when I don't already have emacs running
(e.g. I've su-ed to another user when I'm managing my various computers
and tramp is not necessarily convenient).  Having a file compatible org
mode in both editors is doing to be fantastic!

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 23.2.1
: using Org-mode version 7.3 (release_7.3.134.g88bd7)