[Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Handling of errors when using Ledger

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Handling of errors when using Ledger
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2010 21:03:23 +0100

Hi Dan,

Dan wrote:
> Eric S Fraga <ucecesf <at> ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> [...]
>
> [...]
>
> This patch should make ob-ledger use the common org-babel error mechanism. It
> is
> in branch ledger of the main repo.

So you won (being the first to implement it)... Thanks a lot.

> However, I'm not yet a ledger user. Could someone test it?

I'll try, but I first need to ensure Ledger works here -- as told, I've now
inherited a Windows PC, after my laptop (Ubuntu) crash, and must redo some
painful configuration.

However, I still plan on really using Ledger, hence on testing your patch
(very) soon.

> Incidentally, can any gnus users tell me -- is there a non-painful way of
> retrieving an old message from nntp in order to create a reply in the correct
> thread? Or do you hack the headers to make it appear in the right thread? I'm
> using the gmane web interface to send this.

I don't know how you did it, but it appeared in the correct thread to me.

What I do, with Gnus, is C-u 1000 RET for entering the group, and fetching the
last 1000 posts (1000 is chosen depending on the date, and the estimated
amount of post over that period of time). Then, search on title...

Maybe (euh, no, certainly) some better methods do exist. Like keeping a link
to the post, and C-c C-o on the link.

Others?

Best regards,
  Seb