Re: [Orgmode] Installing Orgmode through ELPA-tarball

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Installing Orgmode through ELPA-tarball
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 21:34:34 +0530

Tom Short <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 8:05 AM, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> ** What is the easiest way to install latest version of Orgmode?
>>

> That's all good information to have, but I'm not sure it's the easiest
> way to install the latest version.

Stronger opinion there, equally strong as the wording I used.  I welcome
your feedback.

> It may eventually be easy, but the existing steps look relatively
> cumbersome.

This is the key. That is a placeholder entry for ELPA-related things.

> Using git seems like the easiest way to get the latest version with
> the advantage that you can pick the version you want (latest
> up-to-the-minute, latest release, or some other release).

We need to remember that most people who are part of this list
(including me) already use git. For this section of population the use
of git would outweigh using other methods.

There is also this other section in the wild trying to make their first
foray in to the magic garden ...

Jambunathan K.