[Orgmode] Re: Installing Orgmode through ELPA-tarball

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Installing Orgmode through ELPA-tarball
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:44:23 +0530

> ** I don't see Orgmode as an installation option in Package Manager Menu?
>
>    Emacs Package Manager is a very recent addition to Emacs. Work is
>    under way to have have Orgmode seamlessly integrate with Emacs'
>    Package Manager. As a result, it will be some time before the
>    Orgmode packages are available and usable from either GNU or
>    Orgmode package archives.
>
>    In the meanwhile, you can install Orgmode via package manager
>    through ELPA-compatible tar. Refer [[Installing from ELPA-tar][this
>    FAQ entry]] for more information.

For the sake of clarification,

http://orgmode.org/pkg/daily/ doesn't provide the 'archive-contents'
file for the tarballs it distributes. As a result, the package manager
wouldn't know what tarballs are available for installation from the
repo.

Absence of 'archive-contents' file is a minor glitch and will be
addressed in due course of time.

Jambunathan K.