Re: RE [Orgmode] Re: Issues with org-mode and LaTeX export.

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: RE [Orgmode] Re: Issues with org-mode and LaTeX export.
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:42:59 +0200

address@hidden writes:

Hi Gerald,

>> I think this should do what you want, e.g. enable babel with english
>> and francais options:

>> (setq org-export-latex-packages-alist
>>       '(("english, francais" "babel" nil)))
>>
>> > Does the .emacs file needs to be modified every time one wants to add
>> > a new package?
>>
>> If you want a new package in every exported document, add an entry of
>> form (OPTIONS PACKAGE nil) to the list above.
>
> That works, thanks, but when do you use "#+LATEX_HEADER:" then?

I don't use the LaTeX export at all (at least regularily). :-)

> I thought that if I wanted a package just for this one org file that
> it was the way to specify it, sure doesn't work for me?

Yes, the docs say so.  I had the impression that you want to enable
babel for each exported org file, so I chose the version above.  But you
can also use

#+LATEX_HEADER: "\usepackage[english, francais]{babel}"

in your org file, which should have the same effect.

> I also looked at the manual to selectively export a part of the org
> file.  They talk about the "org-export-select-tags" and
> "org-export-exclude-tags"; these variables don't even exist?

They do.  Are you still using that old org version 5.x?  If so, well,
then maybe there were no such variables.  And somewhen in org version
6.x the export facilities were completely rewritten, so I guess you are
pretty alone with your problems unless you get a recent version.

Bye,
Tassilo