Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Small problem with tangling

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Babel] Small problem with tangling
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 07:53:42 -0600

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Eric,
>
> "Eric Schulte" wrote:
>>> [...] empty first line that's always inserted at the beginning of the file.
>>> What should I do to get rid of that first *empty* line?
>>
>> The following inhibits the insertion of blank lines on tangling.
>>
>>   (setq org-babel-tangle-pad-newline nil)
>
> Of course, that does work as expected. Thanks for the tip.
>
> Another side-question about a little annoyance: when having just one src block
> to tangle in a big file, and when tangling it, Org(-Babel?) does first add IDs
> everywhere in my file, one for every section.
>
> Could we get rid of that?  I don't even understand why one would be needed,
> though I could easily "accept" (;-)) to see an ID created in the sections
> containing elements to tangle.

Hi Seb,

This is caused by the tangling code calling `org-store-link' on every
code block, which is useful because we sometimes want to store links in
the tangled code for jumping back from the code to the relevant place in
the original org-mode file.

`org-store-link' is called interactively, and it will insert ID values
according to the value of `org-link-to-org-use-id', which defaults to
`create-if-interactive-and-no-custom-id'.  I suppose you could change
the value of this variable which should avoid the insertion of custom
IDs.

Best -- Eric