Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: subtree export fails with src block

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: subtree export fails with src block
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 07:21:53 -0600

Hi Giovanni,

I'm unable to reproduce your bug.  I can successfully export the
following to html w/o issue.

Now let's see what happens:

#+begin_src python :results output :exports both
print "Babel"
limits = [1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10]

for i in limits:
  print "Hello" * i
#+end_src python

Are you using the latest version of Org-mode?  Could you try exporting
the above and see if it works for you.

some more comments inline below.

"Giovanni Moretti" <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm just starting with Babel and have been puzzled about why one file
> worked and another didn't.
>
> I have been playing in a new file without any headers at all (no lines
> starting with '*') and while I could execute the code in the buffer,
> exporting to HTML always failed with:
>
>    No such file: c:/org/babel-python-test.org::

Hmm, it looks like it's trying to find a file with "::" attached to the
end which is probably the source of the issue.  I wonder if this is a
windows specific problem?

> When searching, I found this thread and wondered if the heading were
> important. It turns out they are. In the block below, exporting to HTML
> fails if the first line isn't a heading.
>
> This seems like a clue ...
>
> Cheers and thanks
> Giovanni
>
> PS: the BOTH option for :export is hard to find - only :export none is in
> the intro page.

The documentation [1] is the place to look for header arguments and
their usage, but I suppose we should mention that more explicitly (at
all?)  from the introduction page.

Best -- Eric