[Orgmode] Re: Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with PROPERTIES :OPTIONS: when exporting subtree
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 13:29:18 -0400

Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 2:03 AM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     Rainer M Krug <address@hidden> writes:
>
>     > Hi
>     >
>     > I hava a problem with exporting to LaTeX.
>     >
>     > I want to export a table to latex. I put it into a subtree,
>     containing
>     > only the table, i.e. no headers, as I want to include it into
>     another
>     > document. I thought, that using the :OPTIONS: property, I can
>     disable
>     > the headers - but it does not seem to be working - am I missing
>     > something?
>
>     I believe the relevant property is :EXPORT_OPTIONS:.

>     Have you considered radio tables? It's a nice solution for
>     including an
>     org-mode table in a LaTeX document.
>
> Yes - I looked into them, but I don't get them to work. Do you have an
> org file with a radio table so that I can see it?

There's a nice example in the manual:

(info "(org) A LaTeX example")

> Actually, I don't think they would do what I want:  want to save the
> table as LaTeX to a file and use it in a different program (LyX), so
> that I can update the table while I am working on my simulation, and
> that when I open LyX, I always have the up-to-date version for the
> paper I am writing.

Ah, then they wouldn't work in this scenario. Radio tables allow you to
use the minor mode orgtbl to edit org-mode tables within a commented
section of a source file (e.g., LaTeX, html) and then to place the
"exported" table at a target location within the same file.

It would, however, be very nice to be able to send the results or a
source code block (either executed code or exported org snippets) via
babel to a target in an external file.

Best,
Matt