Re: [Orgmode] Re: FLOSS Weekly show about Org-mode

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: FLOSS Weekly show about Org-mode
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 22:01:52 +0200

On Sep 27, 2010, at 2:18 PM, Christian Egli wrote:

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Jeff Horn <address@hidden> writes:

I wanted to mention how great it would be to have an org-mode
conference.

If many people support this idea, this is how we could do it:

1. list ideas of things we would do there

Meet and talk about org-mode :-)

2. find out what would be the best location/date

We could probably get a developer room at next years FOSDEM[1].

Brussels?  This is close enough that I would come if this goes ahead.

They
provide rooms where projects can organize their own schedule, made of
presentations, brainstorming and hacking sessions. You have to apply[2]
for such a developer room as they always receive more requests than
they can host.

Also of course Carsten would make for a good main track speaker[3].

Or maybe Eric Schulte about babel.  But I don't know if Eric would
come all the way from the states....

3. figure out how much money does it requires

I don't know the details but I could imagine that this would not require
any money.

Really?  That would be good.

4. decide (or not) to go for it

Write the application and see if they'll give you a room :-). If there
is a room I'll come and do a presentation :-).

Thanks
Christian

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.fosdem.org/2011/