Re: [Orgmode] ditaa set-up on windows box

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] ditaa set-up on windows box
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 15:54:49 +0200

Markus Heller <address@hidden> writes:
> Hello everyone,
>
> this might be a little OT, but I'm having a hard time to get ditaa to
> run properly.  The org-mode part works, it's the Java part that's giving
> me trouble, I'm getting loads of "Exception in thread "main"
> java.lang.misc stuff goes here" errors, and I have no Java experience
> whatsoever.
>
> I'm on a windoze XP box, and I was wondering if a fellow user might be
> willing to share his/her set-up.
>
> Thanks and Cheers
> Markus

Hi Markus,

does `org-ditaa-jar-path' have the correct value?
You can find out this way:

    M-: org-ditaa-jar-path RET

Can you execute

   java -jar c:\path\to\ditaa.jar --help

on the command line using the value of that variable?

If not, I suspect you use an outdated version of Org mode and need to
set `org-ditaa-jar-path' to the correct value yourself.  Nowadays this
variable is set to the correct value automatically and ditaa.jar comes
with the development version of Org mode.

  Sebastian