[Orgmode] Re: ditaa set-up on windows box

From: Markus Heller
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: ditaa set-up on windows box
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:55:30 -0700

Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> writes:

> Markus Heller <address@hidden> writes:
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> this might be a little OT, but I'm having a hard time to get ditaa to
>> run properly.  The org-mode part works, it's the Java part that's giving
>> me trouble, I'm getting loads of "Exception in thread "main"
>> java.lang.misc stuff goes here" errors, and I have no Java experience
>> whatsoever.
>>
>> I'm on a windoze XP box, and I was wondering if a fellow user might be
>> willing to share his/her set-up.
>>
>> Thanks and Cheers
>> Markus
>

> Hi Markus,
>

> does `org-ditaa-jar-path' have the correct value?
> You can find out this way:
>
>     M-: org-ditaa-jar-path RET

Yes, it does.

> Can you execute
>
>    java -jar c:\path\to\ditaa.jar --help
>
> on the command line using the value of that variable?

Doing this gives the following error:

C:\Documents and Settings\mheller>java -jar C:\Documents and Settings\mheller\.e
macs.d\org-mode\contrib\scripts\ditaa.jar --help
Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: The system cannot find th
e file specified
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)

> If not, I suspect you use an outdated version of Org mode and need to
> set `org-ditaa-jar-path' to the correct value yourself.  Nowadays this
> variable is set to the correct value automatically and ditaa.jar comes
> with the development version of Org mode.

M-x org-version:  7.01trans (release_7.01h.580.g2157)

Is this a java problem?

Thanks
Markus