[Orgmode] Why can't global cycling be simulated with command events?

From: Tom
Subject: [Orgmode] Why can't global cycling be simulated with command events?
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2010 10:08:09 +0000 (UTC)

In one of my org files I use archiving into the same file. This
works well, the only problem is org opens every subtree in the
file and doesn't restore the previous folding state
afterwards. In order to go back to a more useful folding state I
push S-tab twice after archiving. Once for OVERVIEW and once for
CONTENTS.

This works well manually, so I wanted to automate it by issuing
two command events after archiving like this:

  (push 'S-tab unread-command-events)
  (push 'S-tab unread-command-events)

The problem is it doesn't work, because the first one goes
properly to OVERVIEW state, but a second one doesn't do anything,
the file stays in OVERVIEW.

Why is that? Shouldn't the same happen in this case like when I
press S-tab twice manually?

You can try cycling an org file with

   M-: (push 'S-tab unread-command-events)

and you'll see the problem. How can I overcome this?