[Orgmode] Composing letters using Org mode and the LaTeX isodoc class

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: [Orgmode] Composing letters using Org mode and the LaTeX isodoc class
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 13:36:16 +0200

Hello,

Based on a thread launched by Jambunathan, I've tried to follow another
direction, having a huge interest in getting such a thing to work.

My trial is very border-line, as I tried using Org code blocks. Would these be
"convertable" to LaTeX, that would make (or have made) sense.

Just presenting this to you, in order to receive ideas on how to progress in
the right direction.

#+TITLE:     Org-isodoc
#+AUTHOR:    Seb Vauban
#+DATE:      2010-09-07
#+KEYWORDS:
#+LANGUAGE:  en_US

#+srcname: to
#+begin_src org
Org mode user group \\
World Wide Web
#+end_src

* Subject
#+srcname: subject
#+begin_src org
Composing letters using Org mode and the LaTeX isodoc class
#+end_src

* Opening
#+srcname: opening
#+begin_src org
Dear Org mode users,
#+end_src

* Body
#+srcname: body
#+begin_src org
Following ideas found here, I am trying to use Org for writing LaTeX letters
at the speed of light.

The class I'm used to compose with is called isodoc. Very nice. You should try
it...

*Problems* encountered /so far/:
- how to insert properly converted tables (to =LaTeX=)?
  | test | hello |
  | foo  | bar   |
- begin an Org block, editing this code adds commas in front of every line...

That's all for now.
#+end_src

* Closing
#+srcname: closing
#+begin_src org
  Yours Truly
#+end_src

* Encl
#+srcname: encl
#+begin_src org
I still have to look at how to declare some attached documents.
#+end_src

* Letter
#+begin_src latex :noweb yes :tangle yes
\documentclass[11pt]{isodoc}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

%\usepackage[scorpios]{isodoc-style}
\usepackage[mygooglest]{isodoc-style}

\setupdocument{
    to = {%
          <<to>>},
    subject = {<<subject>>},
    opening = {<<opening>>},
    closing = {<<closing>>}
}

\begin{document}
\letter{%
<<body>>
}
\end{document}
#+end_src

#+results:
#+BEGIN_LaTeX
\documentclass[11pt]{isodoc}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

%\usepackage[scorpios]{isodoc-style}
\usepackage[mygooglest]{isodoc-style}

\setupdocument{
    to = {%
          Org mode user group \\
          World Wide Web},
    subject = {Composing letters using Org mode and the LaTeX isodoc class},
    opening = {Dear Org mode users,},
    closing = {Yours Truly}
}

\begin{document}
\letter{%
Following ideas found here, I am trying to use Org for writing LaTeX letters
at the speed of light.

The class I'm used to compose with is called isodoc. Very nice. You should try
it...

*Problems* encountered /so far/:
- how to insert properly converted tables (to =LaTeX=)?
  | test | hello |
  | foo  | bar   |
- begin an Org block, editing this code adds commas in front of every line...

That's all for now.
}
\end{document}
#+END_LaTeX