[Orgmode] org-mode on Nokia n800 - Was: Re: OT: orgmode on my palm TX?

From: Olivier Berger
Subject: [Orgmode] org-mode on Nokia n800 - Was: Re: OT: orgmode on my palm TX?
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 10:46:23 +0200

Hi.

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> I cannot help you directly with the Palm but, in case you wish to
> consider a different little computer, the Nokia N810 (an internet
> tablet, not a phone) does a good job of running Emacs in a phone sized
> form factor (but with keyboard).  I was (and still am every now and
> again) using this specifically for org-mode.
>
> The latest incarnation of this system (which started with the N770 and
> progress through the N800 and N810) is the N900 which is now a phone
> as well as an internet table.  This also, I'm told, runs Emacs.

Great idea :-)

Are there packages for nokia n800 running OS 2008 ? I happen to have one
such device that could very well be used for this instead of collection
dust ;)

I've found a package for emacs 22
(http://danielsz.freeshell.org/code/mine/emacs-for-maemo/index.shtml)
but that all seems old and requires dependencies on unabailable packages
(libxaw).

Also emacs 22 is a bit too old maybe ?

Any hints would be welcome.

Best regards,